Coming to London

I have spent much of this month trying to sort out my bearing. I never found it necessary to drive during my visits to London before. Now, that I am here and my missus works away from London (she works every where else apart from London and UK – what the hell are we doing in UK then), I need to find my way around South London especially the areas of Sutton, Croydon and Wallington behind the wheel. Apart from the 2 routes, one to Lodge School (to drop and pick Ryan) and the other to the supermarket which I have authoritatively mastered, I have wisely and secretly opted to use the Bus to all other places until I have figured out the treacherous one way system and loads of other things in the London traffic that I am not supposed to do. I love the idea of the Bus lane but I don’t know if this situational love will last once I figure out how to get around behind the wheel. I am sure I will find it harder to cope with the stress of running after buses and terminate my new found relationship with the moving box. I need some clarification. While I was growing up I was told that the double-decker buses (kabandole) Can someone explain to me how UK (of all countries) still finds these big moving boxes fashionable. Finally, I have fulfilled my long cherished opportunity to ride on one of those buses and for good measure I occupied the most advatanged seat – just above the driver – yes on the upper deck (phew!). The expression on my face as the box glides by the stationary vehicles in the other lanes is meant to torment and effectively draw all sorts of nugu from the other drivers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is calling 'Mzungu' being Racist

FORTY THINGS ABOUT ME

Getting Married in Buganda